The Covenant Kodi addon is the brand new generation of Exodus, arguably the most popular Kodi addon in existence.
The Covenant Kodi addon is one of the most popular Kodi addons in existence today. It is a multi-source addon, which means it searches the public internet and retrieves streams, displaying them in an organized format. The advantage to the multi-source addon is that if one website goes offline, the addon still has other sources to pull content in from.
Covenant scrapes over 50 websites for links. It has integrated imdb, trakt, real-debrid, premiumize, and ororo support.
For those of you who already have Exodus installed, you can uninstall Exodus from your Kodi box. Exodus will not be receiving updates any further and all new support will reside in Covenant.
Covenant Kodi Latest Update
November 2nd: Covenant has been updated to v1.1.28 with the following changes:
- 15+ providers created, updated, or deleted.
Other Recent Changes:
- Greek, French and Italian language updates
- Update Croatian strings
- Added more metadata returned from streams if available.
- Fixed bug where shows added to your Kodi library wouldn’t update automatically
- German source bug fixes
- Better progress bar while scraping
- Improved addon responsiveness
- Change the colour of your premium sources
- Added 3 new providers
Covenant Kodi Key Features
The features list of the Covenant Kodi addon is quite extensive. If you are new to Kodi or would like a general idea, check out some of the key features below:
- Over 50 media sources scraped by the addon.
- Special categories for movies and TV including most popular, latest releases, special genres, sorted by rating, and many more.
- Support for non-English streams, such as Greek, Spanish, French, and more.
- Full Library integration. Save your favourite media titles to your Kodi library for quick access and updating.
- Full Trakt.tv support. Trakt is a third-party library and tracking tool.
- Full support for many popular account-based services, including Real-Debrid, Premiumize, and more.
You’ll find all of the following options in the Covenant main menu:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
In case you’re wondering, this is all unchanged from what is currently on Exodus. Each menu option also contains the same content as what you’ll find in Exodus. There is no word on whether this will change in the future.
Why Use Covenant?
There are some reasons why you might want to make the transition over to the Covenant Kodi addon sooner rather than later:
- The search function is working
- Trakt integration works
- All account integrations work
- It is developer supported
Some of these reasons are also problems that arose immediately following TVAddons leaving the scene. The issues were mostly fixed here or there, but it’s likely that you will find more breakdowns occurring with Exodus, should you choose to stick with the addon. If you’re an Exodus user, your best move right now is to switch over to Covenant, as both addons offer the same content and features.
Covenant Kodi Addon Alternatives
If you are unable to get Covenant installed, or you would like to have an alternative should something happen to Covenant, there are several addons that may offer you a similar experience.
How to Install Covenant Kodi Addon
This addon is a third-party Kodi addon not supported by the Kodi Foundation. Though Kodi add-ons don’t store any files or host any content, streams from this addon are scraped from websites that fall in a grey legal area.
Because it is not legal to stream this content in every country and location, we are not posting a how-to guide on this website. We believe that this is the safest move for KodiTips.com because we know that there are parties looking to crack down on websites promoting piracy and we are not one of those.
The Covenant Kodi addon can be found in the Colossal Repository, which is stored on Github.
To install Covenant:
- Open Kodi
- Select SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY as you see it: http://archive.org/download/repository.xvbmc (check the spelling) and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source & type xvbmc & select OK
- Go back to your Home Screen
- Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from zip file
- Select xvbmc
- Select repository.xvbmc-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository
- Select XvBMC (Add-ons) REPOsitory
- Select Video Add-ons
- Select Covenant (or any other addon you like)
- Select Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Covenant is now installed and ready to use
Covenant is now installed. The add-on can be accessed via VIDEOS > Add-Ons > Covenant from your home screen.
Covenant Kodi Settings
After installing the Covenant Kodi addon, you’ll see a ton of options to configure and customize the addon. Some key configuration changes you can make are listed below:
- Providers Timeout – This option changes the maximum time you will allow sources to return content. A lower number will speed up searching but may not bring back all streams.
- Info Language – What default language would you like info metadata to come back as? The default is English.
- Providers Language – If you want to return streams in other languages, check out the options here.
- Flatten TV Seasons – Instead of TV seasons being separated into folders, this option places all episodes in a single screen.
- Hide Movies in Cinema – Hide movies not released on DVD yet which aren’t available.
- Default Action – The default option is “Dialog” which means you have to pick your stream manually. Change this to “Auto Play” if you want Covenant to automatically pick the best stream.
- Max Quality – Use this settings to enable or disable 4K or HD streams from being shown.
- SD Hosters in Auto Play – If this is disabled, the Auto Play function below will never play an SD stream. This greatly increases the chance that you will see the “No Stream Available” dialog.
- HEVC – Enable or Disable HEVC streams, which display HD video in smaller file sizes, but aren’t supported on older Kodi boxes.
Settings: Providers – Use this section to enable or disable specific providers.
Settings: Accounts – Use this section to sign into your special accounts such as Trakt or IMDB.
Settings: Library – Click here to check out our feature on full Covenant Library integration.
Settings: Downloads – Use this section to configure and setup downloads in Covenant.
Settings: Subtitles – Use this section to manually enable subtitles in all of the streams you view in the Covenant Kodi addon.